PASTORAL MINISTRY OR BIBLICAL STUDIES
If you believe God is calling you into full-time pastoral ministry, it is vital that you seek a place that is committed to providing solid biblical and theological instruction, as well as practical, hands-on experience. Grace Bible College offers two paths you may choose to pursue:
- The Bachelor of Theology degree in Pastoral Ministry is a five-year program of study that was originally designed to prepare men for licensing and ordination in the Grace Gospel Fellowship. While we remain committed to that end, the college also embraces the opportunity to prepare men and women for vocational ministry in other evangelical churches by equipping them for service and further study, as well as providing them solid biblical higher education in a climate of mutual understanding and respect.
- The Bachelor of Science in Biblical Studies, a four-year program of study, provides an opportunity for students to develop a program of study designed for their personal needs, academic interests and career objectives with particular emphasis on preparing the student for seminary training. This program is designed to give students exposure to the foundational areas of general education, a basic understanding of Bible and theology, and preparation for further studies at the seminary level.
“So what program should I choose?” The choice is entirely yours to make. Both will help to prepare you for a lifetime of service. One advantage to the Bachelor of Theology degree is that you will be linked with a mentoring pastor or ministry leader throughout your time of study. More importantly, the fifth year includes a six month internship in which you will be totally immersed in ministry away from the campus. Recent graduates have served internships in the states of Washington, Pennsylvania, and Florida, as well as foreign countries like Zambia. Some students, however, have chosen to forego that fifth year in order to get a head start on their graduate studies. The programs of study at Grace Bible College provide you with the flexibility to choose what best works for your interests and needs.
Both the BTh and BS degree programs build on the strengths of the Associate’s degree (see Foundations). This includes the Grace Experience, a course that introduces all incoming students to the key learning outcomes that will transform your life! Then there are even more course in Bible, theology, and biblical languages:
- Old Testament Studies (The Pentateuch, Historical Books, Wisdom, and Prophecy)
- New Testament Studies (The Gospels, Acts, the letters of Paul, and Jewish Christian Literature)
- Theological Studies (Courses focusing on the loci of theology and dispensationalism)
- Biblical Languages (Greek and Hebrew)
- Special topics of interest, including a possible study trip to Israel!
These programs are then filled with practical experiences focusing on providing you with the knowledge and skills you will need in ministry, especially in regards to preaching and teaching. Preaching labs like Life-Situation Preaching, Evangelistic Preaching, Expository Preaching, and Doctrinal Preaching will help you to gain the experience you will need in the future. Best of all, you will be taught by godly men who are committed to pouring themselves into the lives of their students through discipleship and mentoring relationships.