If you are interested in a teaching career, then you should consider either of the degree programs in education offered at Grace Bible College. These programs are offered as part of our cooperative arrangements with nearby colleges and universities with whom we enjoy a rich partnership.
Elementary and Secondary Education
Through our cooperative arrangement with Cornerstone University, you will have opportunity to develop the knowledge, skills and disciplines necessary for a career in elementary and secondary education. Students satisfying the program requirements will receive a Bachelor of Religious Education degree from GBC and a Bachelor of Arts from Cornerstone University. This degree program affords students the means to achieve:
- A developed and integrated Christian philosophy which will guide their living, learning and teaching.
- Mastery of the essential academic skills of critical thinking and communication.
- Enrollment in a carefully sequenced program designed to help them master subject specific teaching methods.
- Familiarity with technological applications to assist them in preparing and presenting effective classroom teaching and management.
- Opportunities for practical experience through observing, aiding, and teaching.
- A firm grasp of foundational biblical knowledge through a strong Bible and theology emphasis.
Upon graduation, you will be entitled to apply for certification from the State of Michigan and/or states which grant reciprocal certificates to Michigan graduates.
Early Childhood Education
The Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education, offered in cooperation with Grand Rapids Community College, is designed to prepare students for roles as teachers, directors and supervisors in day-care centers, nursery schools and other pre-kindergarten educational settings. Opportunities are available for the student to study and observe children of various ages, to assist in teaching in early childhood settings and to gain understanding of the dynamic process of physical, psychological, social and intellectual development. Specifically, the program addresses the relationship of affective and cognitive learning, physical and intellectual development, acculturation and socialization, school and home environments and curricula for young children.
Like every other program of study, both of these degrees build on the strengths of the Associate’s degree (see Foundations). This includes the Grace Experience, a course that introduces all incoming students to the key learning outcomes that will transform your life! Then there are even more courses in Bible and theology where you will learn more about the Word of God and how it applies to every area of life.